RECRUITING & ADMISSIONS
Master in Finance
Innovation for the future of the financial industry
The innovative Master in Finance at GBS enables ambitious professionals to deepen their finance expertise alongside their careers in an international university environment. GBS is ranked among the TOP 5 "Business schools with significant international influence" in the Eduniversal Ranking 2020 and has been awarded 4 Palmes of Excellence.
The Master in Finance curriculum offers two specialization options - Financial Technology Management or Risk Management & Regulation - and is thus geared to the special requirements of the market and the high demand for young talents in these fields.
The part-time study program begins annually in April and can be completed within 22 months. Graduates receive a Master of Arts in Finance (90 ECTS CP) plus a certificate of specialization from the AACSB-accredited Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Goethe University Frankfurt.
As a minimum requirement for entry into the program, applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree (180 CP) or equivalent, one year of work experience in a finance-related capacity, strong quantitative skills, and good English language skills.
The Master in Finance program offers
- Broad basic knowledge from academia and practice
- Insight into the results of cutting-edge research and applied knowledge in the two areas of specialization, Financial Technology Management and Risk Management & Regulation
- Highly qualified lecturers from the House of Finance, the Faculty of Economics and Business Administration at Goethe University as well as from industry practice
- Job-compatible format and ideal work-study balance with lectures every 2 weeks on Friday afternoons and Saturdays
- Finance-focused location in the House of Finance on Campus Westend at Goethe University, in the European financial center of Frankfurt
- Access to the expert network of GBS alumni and the international finance community
- Program partnership with the CFA Institute
- Attractive scholarships from the Frankfurt Institute for Risk Management & Regulation (FIRM)
- Studying at Germany's most beautiful and centrally located Campus Westend at Goethe University
The competences, knowledge, and skills of our employees are our most important resource. They are essential for the high quality of our products and services in a wide range of fields. Goethe Business School’s part-time Master in Finance offers ideal conditions to gain a strong foundation as well as detailed insights into new academic concepts in the field of finance while pursuing a professional career.